Living my Dream

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
- Henry David Thoreau

I have this quote posted on the cork board in my office - which is a closet by the way.It's hard to be inspired, or for that matter, inspirational, in a closet. It's a space that if in your home, you would not hesitate to store your brooms, recycling bins, cleaning supplies. I've painted it "Melon", a bit of a creamy orange, but alas, it's still a closet and my co-workers love to ask me if I feel as though I'm sitting in a pumpkin.
I have changed many things for myself in the last three years - I have a brand new husband and a new home. I am closer than ever to the life I have always wanted for myself. The last piece of the puzzle is to leave my corporate job, and finally work for myself. In another life (read: When I was younger) I went to art school, worked in the fashion industry, lived and worked around the world. Then I had three wonderful children and after spending several years as a stay at home mom, I found myself in the job market, looking for a good salary and benefits. And I found one! But the pressures of a corporate sales & marketing job with a public corporation have after five years, grown tedious, time consuming and stressful.
Now I have found myself needing to rearrange my life once again to find that last piece of
the puzzle.
I am on a quest to complete my dream.
Another one of my favorite quotes:
"It's never too late to be who you might have been." --George Eliot


The world is my oyster!


The "youth" that I mentioned.
I'm ready for the next phase of my life!!

More about me...

3 comments:

My Notting Hill said...

Thanks for visiting my blog - I'll definitely check back on your. Yes, the tree is from Annaberg on St. John. We started going there in our 20's before kids.

Robin said...

Look how skinny you were! Oh, wait, you're still that skinny dammit. Welcome to the blogorama babycakes. We need to toast your success with a glass of red down at Peppercorns soon.

M said...

This is so inspiring - I loved reading it. And that's quite the picture!!

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." --George Eliot