Have you always dreamed of being an Innkeeper?

The Daniel Clap Homestead $2,950,900
8 Main Street, Salisbury, CT
Property Details:
Circa: 1810
Style: Greek Revival Mansion
Type: Single Family Residential
or Commercial Bed & Breakfast
Rooms: 10
Bedrooms: 6
Baths: 6 full/1 half
Sq. Feet: 10,000
Acreage: 1
Est. Taxes: $12,606
Heating: RADNT
MLS#: L120655
Agent: Elyse Harney Real Estate

Description:
More recently known at the Ragamont Inn, this house was fully restored as a single family home in 2005 and featured in House & Garden Magazine in 2006. A bluestone walkway bordered by apple trees leads to the door of this exquisite property. State of the art kitchen with Viking appliances, six bedrooms all with en suite baths, upstairs laundry, central air, and updated systems. Located in the heart of the village, the property is still commercially zoned for possible conversion for business.

CLICK HERE FOR LOCATION MAP

(The Ragamont House as The Maple Shade Inn in 1853)

(Front Foyer)

(Living Room)

(Living Room Fireplace)

(Library)

(Kitchen)

(Kitchen eating area)

(Dining Room)

(Sitting Room)

(Master Bedroom)

(Master Bathroom)

(Blue Bedroom)

(Red Bedroom)

(Fireplace in Red Bedroom)

(Bath to Red Bedroom)

(Back Porch)
Photos by Francois Dischinger

(View of Lion's Head, Salisbury, Connecticut)

FOR MORE BEAUTIFUL ANTIQUE HOMES...

11 comments:

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Wow! I love how they've maintained the authenticity of the house while updating things like that AMAZING KITCHEN! The beamed ceilings in the bedrooms...Swoon...

I know this is crazy...but the price -- albeit out of my range -- doesn't seem super crazy? And there's 2,000 foot homes in parts of NJ with taxes as high (scary, but true).

Fifi Flowers said...

GREAT PLACE! I don't want to ownut if you buy it... I'd want to visit!

Marie Louise said...

Laura & Fifi (Laura) -
So many Lauras! ;-)
It is a beautiful house and to top it off, it's in Salisbury which is an absolutely gorgeous corner of the world at the edge of the Berkshires (mountain chain - more like hills, really). I am dying to go hiking there.
Marie Louise

Robin said...

That is my kind of place. Let me go scrounge in the sofa cushions, I'm sure I can come up with $2.9 mil. Gorgeous. Sigh.

High Desert Diva said...

Very nice....if a bit pricey

I like the idea of being an inkeeper though...

Marie Louise said...

Robin & Diva - maybe if we all chip in we can run it together! I'm certain there is not enough change in your couch Robin. We'll have to start returning bottle to the supermarket.

robin ann mcintosh said...

I want in, I want in!

Anonymous said...

OOOOoooo that was fun! I'd love to stay in the red room - all of the place is wonderful! I was working in the Berkshires thirty years ago, so it is amazing how time flies. I always remember Connecticut as being beautiful.

Anonymous said...

God, amazing. I'd like to move into the bathroom. Oh, wait, the bathroom is bigger than our humble abode.

Gill - That British Woman said...

not to keen on the dining room wall paper so I'll pass this time!!! LOL

Gill in Canada

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Gorgeous! I might start dreaming of being an innkeeper now if it meant I got to live and work in a joint like this. Love it! -Julia

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." --George Eliot