Montepulciano on my Mind...

View from Montepulciano, Italy
It's that time of year in New England. Indian Summer days coming to an end - and still months away from the bright, white snow-scape of winter. Outside is your typical, dreary November day - drizzling rain, gray sky, damp cold. More than the chill in my bones, it affects my mood and sends my mind wandering to a possible escape. Whether immediate or in the future, I start thinking of where I'd rather be. One of the places I consider Heaven on Earth is Tuscany. Spring in Italy, or perhaps summer. I start plotting. I choose Montepulciano (more authentic than Florence or Siena) and check out the local rental properties. I must have a friend somewhere willing to split a week's rent with me! I've narrowed it down to two villas. I'm almost there!

Apartment Mariana, situated on the main Palazzo in the center of town.
And the view!
Villa Bettina, in the nearby countryside.
The view.
Where I'd be spending my time with a glass of Chianti!
And for those with a bigger budget...Villa Bertrando.
Anyone interested?

7 comments:

Laura in Paris said...

Oh, how I wish I could say YES I AM INTERESTED!!! But so many obligations ...

High Desert Diva said...

I'd be happy staying at either place...hell, I'd stay in an out building.

Robin said...

Ooh, take me, take me! They are both divine...

Simplement ... said...

J'aime la Toscane !
Merci pour ces magnifiques photos et pour la ravissante adresse, la villa Bettina est superbe.
Bisous et très belle journée.
Marie-Ange

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Count me in! I start fantasizing about places like this as soon as the weather turns cold, too. I've never been to Tuscany, but maybe someday I'll make it there.

Fifi Flowers said...

ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!! Aaaaaah... if only I were there... glass of wine in hand!

Pratishtha Durga said...

I am! I am! But WISHING and GETTING are two different things.

"It's never too late to be who you might have been." --George Eliot